Tuesday Ten is a quick 10-minute chat with leaders and up-and-comers in the world of sports. Last night, I was joined on the show by Social Media Strategist and Brand Developer, Joe Scott.
WHO IS JOE SCOTT?
Joe Scott has been in and around the web industry for over 13 years. This has given him tremendous experience in many different aspects of the business. Over the past 6 years he has worked extensively on digital branding efforts of pro sports teams, athletes, reality tv stars, corporations and so on. Creating and executing strategies for very high need clients has given Joe tremendous skills and confidence in the ever-changing world of social media.
Joe is a skilled Social Media Strategist and Brand Developer that has worked with such clients as the , , Football, Greg Jennings, , CJ Wilson, Lance Briggs and the to name a few.
- :56 – Intro to Joe Scott
- 1:38 – What is a Social Media Strategist/Brand Developer?
- 2:36 – How did Joe start working with high-profile clients?
- 3:49 – To be successful, think like a fan
- 4:55 – The challenges of working with high-profile clients (education part of the equation)
- 6:36 – Deciding which platforms to use for his clients (more than Facebook and Twitter?)
- 8:31 – The actual process of developing a brand
The strategy and development required in sports-social media goes beyond just today for athletes. An athlete’s career is short-lived. Maybe a select few last a decade or more in their sport, but the majority do not. In every thing they do, they must be cognizant of planning for their future. And, that’s part of what Joe and his team at The Social Crew bring to the table. They help them plan beyond the now.
My thanks to Joe for coming on Tuesday Ten. Be sure to connect with Joe:
>>> No show next week, Tuesday, May 27th. Join me for the next Tuesday Ten show on Tuesday, June 3rd. <<<
To stay in the loop on all of the latest Tuesday Ten shows, SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel here