A fortuitous opportunity was presented to me prior to tonight’s Tuesday Ten Show.
My guest on this night was Ken Fang. Ken covers all things sports media for fangsbites.com and awfulannouncing.com. While my intention was to discuss all things sports media with Ken, the NBA provided a fortuitous opportunity to discuss something more specific: Donald Sterling.
- 1:23 – Introduction to Ken Fang
- 2:55 – The role social media plays in covering sports media
- 6:43 – Sports media reporting of today’s Donald Sterling punishment handed down by NBA Commissioner, Adam Silver
- 9:29 – TMZ, Deadspin and their place in the sports media table
- 11:55 – How much pressure have the TMZ’s and Deadspins put on the traditional sports outlets?
- 13:55 – (Audience question) When will we hear from Sterling? Who will break that news?
- 15:15 – When will we hear from David Stern?
- 16:26 – The future of sports media
- 18:26 – Do the major sports outlets need to take more risks?
My thanks to Ken Fang for joining tonight’s Tuesday Ten. To connect with Ken:
- Email: email@example.com
- Google+: KenFang
- Twitter: @fangsbites
- Facebook: fangsbites
- LinkedIn: Kenneth Fang
To stay in the loop on all of the latest Tuesday Ten shows, SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel here