SPORTS LINKS: A collection of links that you may have missed from around the sports landscape centering on social media, business, sponsorship and technology.
In Today’s Edition: FlipsWrestling – by wrestlers, for wrestlers; Instagram Fanographer; cutting edge innovation from America’s Cup; Athletes & Business Alliance launches; Olympic-sized expectations in Denver; Outrigger & University of Hawaii extend partnership, plus much more.
Those two words together (no space) conjure up an image of one wrestler picking up his opponent and flipping him onto the mat. But, in today’s world, they mean something completely different. Musically different.
“FlipsWrestling, the company that has taken the wrestling world by storm this summer with its headphones that change into amplified speakers with a “flip” and its “Train Alone or Train Out Loud” campaign, announced today the signing of multiple endorsement deals and partnerships at the highest levels of the wrestling community.” –Virtual Strategy
- NASCAR: One tweet stirs the pot when it comes to iconic #3 – Fox Sports
- Competition for Instagram Fanographer in Melbourne – Melbourne Storm (h/t Sean Callanan)
- Vizrt provides solutions for broadcaster’s stadium material – 4-traders.com
- Mobile is the place to grow for sports & social clubs – AL.com
- Sea of innovation “trickles down” from America’s Cup – Reuters
- “One-of-a-kind organization”, Athletes & Business Alliance launches – ENewsChannels.com
- Winning is a bonus for soccer team investment – Bloomberg
- “Super”-sized expectations for new Denver Sports chief, Ken Chin – BizJournals.com
- The profitability of Champions League: beyond football – dw.de
- Head of EA Sports becomes EA’s CEO – Stuff.co.nz
- Outrigger becomes “Diamond Corporate Sponsor” for Univerity of Hawaii – Sports Pro Media
- Fry’s, San Jose Sharks extend sponsorship agreement – Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Small businesses need to weigh the benefits with athlete endorsements – Forbes
- Men. Toilets. Football. In a new campaign, they do go together – NY Post (h/t SportsGrid)
A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA
I don't know who did this, but it is beautiful. youtube.com/watch?v=XwIglP…—
Jim Mora (@UCLACoachMora) September 18, 2013