THIS WEEK’S PAC-12 MEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
Wed., Jan. 9 Time TV
- WASHINGTON STATE at STANFORD 7 p.m. PT P12N
Series: STAN leads 69-59. Streak: WSU 1 (last – 81-69 at Washington State)
- WASHINGTON at CALIFORNIA 8 p.m. PT ESPN2
Series: CAL leads 78-77. Streak: CAL 1 (last – 69-66 at Washington)
Thurs., Jan. 10
- No. 4 ARIZONA at OREGON 6 p.m. PT ESPN2
Series: ARIZ leads 45-24. Streak: ORE 1 (last – 59-57 at Arizona)
- UCLA at UTAH 7:30 p.m. MST P12N
Series: UCLA leads 5-4. Streak: UCLA 1 (last – 76-49 at UCLA)
- USC at COLORADO 8 p.m. MST ESPNU
Series: Series tied 3-3. Streak: COLO 1 (last – 74-50 at Arizona State)
- ARIZONA STATE at OREGON STATE 8:30 pm. PT P12N
Series: OSU leads 42-34. Streak: ASU 2 (last – 76-66 at Arizona State)
Sat., Jan. 12
- UCLA at COLORADO 12 noon MST P12N
Series: UCLA leads 5-1. Streak: UCLA 2 (last – 77-60 at UCLA)
- WASHINGTON STATE at CALIFORNIA 1 p.m. PT P12N
Series: CAL leads 73-47. Streak: WSU 2 (last – 77-75 at Washington State)
- USC at UTAH 4 p.m. MST P12N
Series: USC leads 16-14. Streak: USC 2 (last – 62-45 at USC)
- No. 4 ARIZONA at OREGON STATE 5 p.m. PT ESPNU
Series: ARIZ leads 55-20. Streak: ARIZ 4 (last – 72-61 at Pac-12 Tourn.)
- WASHINGTON at STANFORD 8 p.m. PT FSN
Series: STAN leads 70-67. Streak: WASH 2 (last – 76-63 at Washington)
Sun., Jan. 13
- ARIZONA STATE at OREGON 6 p.m. PT P12N
Series: ASU leads 41-33. Streak: ORE 2 (last – 67-59 at Arizona State)
Rankings listed are AP poll; Game times local to site
AROUND THE PAC-12
• At 14-0, No. 4 ARIZONA remains the Pac-12’s lone unbeaten, and only one of four nationally. Arizona is off to its best start for the program since the 1931-32 squad won its first 16 games en route to an 18-2 campaign.
• UCLA, which has won seven straight, and ARIZONA STATE, winners of its last five games, have both started 2-0 in league play. It’s the fourth time in 35 seasons that the Sun Devils started league play 2-0 – others were in 1979-80 (5-0), 1987-88 (4-0) and 2007-08 (4-0).
• Six Pac-12 teams have posted 10 or more wins prior to the beginning of league play. Only three teams posted 10 or more wins entering Pac-12 play last season.
- STREAKING… With a seven-game winning streak, the UCLA Bruins are on their longest run of consecutive wins since taking 10 in a row during the 2008-09 season. UCLA has won eight of its last nine games.
- CIVIL WAR… OREGON won the 338th meeting of the Civil War with OREGON STATE. Freshman guard Damyean Dotson had a career night scoring 21 points blowing away his season average of 11.1 points a game.
- TEAM SCORING… Eight Pac-12 teams have at least three players who are averaging double digits in scoring. COLORADO and WASHINGTON both have four players, while OREGON has five and OREGON STATE leads the Conference with six players averaging double digits.
- JUNIOR TIME… The junior class is holding strong in the league’s statistical leaders, leading in six of the 13 categories. The upperclassmen hold ten of the 13 spots, while the sophomore class is not represented among the statistical leaderboard. The talent however is spread among the league with the leaders coming from seven different schools.
- FRESHMEN SHINE… Several freshmen are making their marks in the early going of the 2012-13 season. Among the league’s top 20 scorers are UCLA’s Shabazz Muhammad (19.6 ppg/2nd), ARIZONA STATE’s Jahii Carson (16.7 ppg/5th), UCLA’s Jordan Adams (16.6 ppg/6th), COLORADO’s Josh Scott (13.1 ppg/18th) and UTAH’s Jordan Loveridge (13.0 ppg/20th); Among the league’s top 20 rebounders are UCLA’s Kyle Anderson (8.9 rpg/6th), UTAH’s Loveridge (7.6 rpg/10th), ARIZONA’s Brandon Ashley (6.1 rpg/19th); Among the top 20 assist leaders are ASU’s Carson (5.4 apg/2nd), UCLA’s Anderson (3.7 apg/7th) and OREGON’s Dominic Artis (3.6 apg/8th). Meanwhile, UCLA’s Muhammad leads the league in 3-point field goal percentage (.486) and OREGON’s Ben Carter leads the league in free throw percentage (.938).
- REJECTION NOTICE…ASU junior C Jordan Bachynski now has 69 blocks on the year, tied for fourth-best in Sun Devil history. His nine blocks vs. Colorado were the most by a Sun Devil in a Pac-12 game in its 35 seasons in the league (614 games). In his first 41 games of his ASU career, he shot 42-of-8 (.478) from the field. In the past 28 games he is 106-of-163 (.650).
- HOME SWEET HOME… Pac-12 teams sport a 88-19 (.822) home court record so far this season. Three Pac-12 teams are perfect at home this season, while the OREGON Ducks have extended their home-court winning streak to 16 games.
[Pac-12 Media Relations]